Easy Ways To Make A Pinterest Board
This post may contain some affiliate links for your convenience. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Pinterest has been a popular site for quite a while now. Many different people use it, from bloggers to artists to DIYers to people just looking for inspiration, there’s something for everyone on Pinterest and users definitely need to make a Pinterest board to save their ideas.
It’s also good for a lot more than just looking at cool images, in some cases, you can buy prints and make specific boards for specific things… and this can be quite addictive!
But how do you make boards? What even are they? In this article, we’ll be telling you everything you need to know about boards and how you can make your own!
What Are Pinterest Boards?
Pinterest boards are one of the most commonly used things you’ll find on Pinterest. They are pretty much the backbone and main focus of the whole site. If you’re new to Pinterest, you’ve probably come across at least one or two boards without even realizing it!
Long story short, a Pinterest board is a collection where your pins are stored. Usually, these boards have their own designated themes, and all the pins within the board stick to that theme. Here’s an example: Say you’re into Anime, you might have a board that’s called “Anime” and the whole board is pictures of anime.
The beauty of boards is that you can make as many as you want and name them pretty much whatever you want to, so you can theoretically have hundreds of boards dedicated to different themes.
You can also continuously add new pins to your boards. So, if you made a board when you first started using Pinterest, you can still add to it years later.
Related: How to Share a Pinterest Board
Related: How to Delete a Pinterest Pin
How To Make A Pinterest Board
So now you know exactly what a Pinterest board is, it’s time to make one! Luckily, making a Pinterest board is a really easy and straightforward process, so you won’t be spending too much time creating one.
And once you start making Pinterest boards, you’ll find it quite hard to stop! There are two main ways you can make a Pinterest board: on your PC or on your mobile device. We’ll be going over both here!
An important piece of information you should know about making a new Pinterest board is that you can make it in two ways. You can make a new board from your profile page, or you can make a new board when you go to save a new pin.
Method 1: Making A Pinterest Board On Your PC
If you use Pinterest on your PC more than on your mobile device, then this is the method you’re going to want to use. We’ll be going over both how to make a new board from your profile page and making a new board when you save a new pin.
From Your Profile Page:
- Log in to your Pinterest account.
- Go to your Profile page and open it. It should be at the top right of your screen.
- Underneath your name on your profile, you’ll see a plus sign (+) icon, click it.
- Now you’ll see a drop-down menu appear and you’ll have the option of creating a “Pin” or a “Board”. Click “Board”.
- Now the “Create Board” window will open. You can name your board here and if you want to keep the board private/just for you, the option to keep the board a secret is on this window too.
- Finally, click “Create”.
- A menu will also appear with suggested pins you can add to this board. If none of the suggestions go with the theme of the board, you can just ignore them and click “Done”. However, if you see any that go with your theme, you can add them here.
Create a Board while Saving a Pine
Alternatively, you can create a board while you’re saving a new pin. Do this, follow these steps:
- Once you’ve logged in to Pinterest, go to your “Home” feed.
- Find a pin you want to save and hover your mouse cursor over it.
- Hovering over it, you should see a downward-facing arrow appear next to the text at the top of the pin. Click this arrow.
- You will now have a “Save To Board” pop-up menu appear. At the bottom of this menu, you’ll see the option “Create New Board”. Click it.
- Now the “Create Board” Menu will pop up as a separate window. On the right, you’ll have the option to name the new board.
- If you want to make it secret, you can click the “Secret” toggle option, but if not, click “Done”.
- If you want to add collaborators you can, but if not, click “Done”.
Related: How to post a video to Pinterest
Related: Honest review of Become a Pinterest VA Today Course.
Method 2: Making A Pinterest Board On Your Mobile Device
Like almost everything else, Pinterest has a mobile app you can use and this makes it just as easy to use on a phone as it is on a PC. If you’re more of a mobile user, you’ll want to follow this method.
- Open the Pinterest app.
- Go to your profile picture and tap on it.
- On the far right of the screen, click the plus sign (+).
- Now a “Create” menu will appear. On the menu, tap “Board”.
- Type in your new board name.
- You can add collaborators if you’d like and choose if you want the board to be secret or not.
- Click next and if they suit the board, add some of the suggested pins.
- Now click “Done”.
You can also make a new board when saving a pin on your mobile device. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open Pinterest.
- Go to the “Home” page and find a pin you want to save.
- Tap it and click “Save”.
- A menu will open and you can choose “Create Board” here.
- Name your board.
- Next, choose collaborators and the secret options if you want to.
- Now click “Create”.
Easiest way to make a Pinterest board
Making a Pinterest board couldn’t be any easier with these methods. Pinterest is one of those websites that is really accessible and easy to navigate for all users.
Once you start using Pinterest, you’ll find it really hard to stop, so now you know how to make boards, the whole experience is going to get even more fun for you!
Stephanie has been blogging at Sticky Note Mom for 4 years. Before starting her blog she worked in the finance industry working on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade to working for major financial institutions with personal financial planning and the mortgage industry. Now she shares all she has learned about frugal living to help others learn how to stop spending and start saving more.