This post may contain some affiliate links for your convenience. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Do you hate menu planning? The thought of grocery shopping and planning a menu for the week makes my skin crawl. It is one of those necessary evils that has to be done. Without it our budget goes out the door and we eat popcorn and ice cream for dinner. All the planning and thinking that goes into meal planning, exhausts me. Until I was introduced to my favorite way to freezer meal plan.
The Introduction to Freezer Meals
My freezer meal planning started when my husband and I used to go and make dinners at one of those meal assembly places. Where you assembled your meals and took them home and froze them to cook later. This was awesome for us! Until the one by us closed. I was so disappointed that day.
Since then, I have tried to make freezer meals. I even bought a book that explained how to freezer meal plan and gave you recipes and a grocery list. Then on Pinterest I have one board dedicated strictly to freezer meals. For years I have been trying to get a handle on dinner time and it has just escapes me. I read every blog post about making 20 meals in 4 hours and I tried to do it their way. I would make the meals and then somehow my family wouldn’t enjoy it.
The Introduction to Wildtree Freezer Meal Workshops
So I thought to myself a few years ago, there has to be an easier way. Then when my friend invited me to a Wildtree Freezer Meal Workshop. My first workshop I went to was on the COLDEST night of the year, and I went and made 10 meals that night and I was hooked. This instantly became my favorite way to freezer meal plan. I went home from that event and had a weight lifted off my shoulders.
I want you to know that the opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine. Wildtree did not give me free products for me to try so I would write this post. I am writing this post simply to share with you how much I adore their freezer meal workshops.
This week, I am excited about an event that is happening at my house! I am hosting a Wildtree Freezer Meal Workshop. There will be 6 of my friends coming over to make freezer meals as well. A few of my friends have done the workshop with me and a few are new. My friends all agree that having freezer meals already made, is a life saver!
Here are a few quick reasons why I love freezer meals!
- The relief in knowing that I have a meal in the freezer really allows my brain to rest. All I have to do is cook it and throw a few sides with it. The side dishes I like to make are steamed broccoli and carrots, a fruit and either potatoes or rice.
- My kids love them! They love the different meal options. They love trying new things right in our own kitchen. Together we make the dinners.
- It saves us TONS of money! The last time I made freezer meals I probably spent $90 on the ingredients to make the meals. Then I had 10 meals already planned. I just had to add 10 more meals to the dinner list for the month. Those usually consisted of burgers or tacos or BBQ chicken and the easy things like sandwiches and breakfast for dinner. When I have meals in the freezer we tend to dine out a lot less. When there are no meals in the freezer, we dine out probably 3 times a week or MORE.
Here are a few quick reasons why I love the Wildtree meals.
- All the planning is done! I just have to pick which workshop I want to buy and they send me a grocery list, the spices needed from their line, and the recipes. I don’t have to scan Pinterest looking for meals I think my family will enjoy or check my pantry for an ingredient.
- Being able to use the products after the workshop is a huge bonus. Usually, there is enough spices left over where I can make all the meals a second time. Sometimes I will just make the meals my family likes and use the spices in other ways too.
- In about 2 hours you can have all the meals made and in your freezer. I have 10 meals, prepped and ready to cook over the course of the next month. Easy peasy lemon squeezey!
- The Wildtree products are all organic! With all the news about food, this is at least one way for me to know my family is getting some clean food.
Freezer meal cooking is an easy way to help control your “diet.” It allows you to have meals already prepared in your own freezer that are healthy. My family has a few food allergies and it is easy to adjust the freezer meals. Additionally, having two kids who can be picky eaters, they really like the meals. My kids watch me get the spices and the shopping list ready. This activity gets them excited because that means they are going to be eating different foods than I normally make.
What is your go to for menu planning? Do you make freezer meals? If you want more information on Wildtree, you can go to their website. They can help you get in contact with a consultant. Like I said, I am only writing about their products because they really help me organize my family and help us save money. If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment!
Stephanie has been blogging at Sticky Note Mom for 4 years. Before starting her blog she worked in the finance industry working on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade to working for major financial institutions with personal financial planning and the mortgage industry. Now she shares all she has learned about frugal living to help others learn how to stop spending and start saving more.