This post may contain some affiliate links for your convenience. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Despite the fact that Pinterest now has over 440 million active users, people are still having difficulty finding friends on the platform. Thankfully, Pinterest isn’t like other social media platforms and you can follow someone on Pinterest even if you don’t know them.
Even with Pinterest being a user-friendly platform, some new users may have difficulty using the platform and making friends on it. What’s the point in making a fun new mood board if you have no one to share it with?
This guide gives you the exact steps you need to take in order to begin making friends on Pinterest. With a simple how-to guide, you’ll be following those who inspire you with their posts and whom you want to create a real connection with. From full accounts to individual boards or pins, you’ll be full of inspiration and creativity for any occasion!
Search For Someone To Follow On Desktop
With just a few clicks on Pinterest, you can subscribe to someone’s profile. And if you find something you like and want to see more of, you can do so straight from your board. The ability to follow other people’s pins and boards is one of Pinterest’s most important features.
These pins will appear in your activity feed if you follow them. Furthermore, they will see that you are following them, making it more likely that they will return the favor. This article will show you how to find individuals on Pinterest and provide you with some advice on how to get more followers.
In order to follow another Pinterest account on the desktop follow these steps:
- Visit the Pinterest website and log in to your account.
- Click on the search bar located at the top of the page.
- Enter the name of an account you wish to follow.
- Complete the search by pressing the enter key.
- Choose members. This is located between the search bar and the images on the screen.
- Find the person you want to follow.
- Hit the subscribe button below their profile picture. Any new pins this user creates will now appear on your own personal dashboard.
Now you know how to follow someone on Pinterest throught the desktop settings, its time to upgrade.
Search For Someone To Follow On Andriod
Out on the town, scrolling through the endless images of Pinterest and find an account you want to follow? You can now enjoy Pinterest on the go and have your favorite accounts wherever you end up!
Finding the right person to follow on Pinterest throughout android is a similar process to desktop searching. Follow these simple steps to start creating your own unique feed.
- Download the Pinterest app from the Google Play store.
- Log in to the Pinterest app or create an account.
- Tap the person name. Be careful not to tap the pin itself as this will take to you to the original pin.
- Once on the profile of the selected account holder you can click ‘Follow’. You will now see any new pins created by the account on your main feed.
Finding and following accounts on Pinterest mobile is simpler than desktop. However, following either set of instructions will allow you to connect with others on the platform. You are now equipped to spend hours curating vision boards and your perfect kitchen decor by following others on the platform.
Search For Someone To Follow On IPhone
Much like Andriod, iPhone users also have the ability to follow account on their smartphones. Whether they are searching for a particular board, scrolling for fun or on the go, the Pinterest app is perfect for putting those ideas into a vision.
Follow these easy steps to start following accounts on Pinterest:
- Download the Pinterest app to your smartphone from the Apple Store.
- Open the app on your cellphone and log in to your account.
- Tap the search icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Enter a specific accounts username in to the search bar.
- Tap Profiles and scroll until you find the right account.
- Select Follow or click on the profile picture to make sure its the correct account.
You now know how to search for and follow accounts on Pinterest! Whether you’re on your desktop, Android device or iPhone device you can begin creating your own unique, creative activity feed. You will never be short for inspiration as you are kept up to date with all your favorite pins and boards!
Can You Follow Specific Boards On Pinterest?
Following individual boards rather than the full account of the creator is possible. However, this can only be done on the desktop version of the platform. And there are a few ways this can be done!
- Find a board you wish to follow, tap the ellipsis on the top right-hand corner of the board and select Follow.
- Enter a topic in to the search bar at the top of the screen. You can then select ‘Boards’, ‘Pins’ or ‘Pinners‘. Select to view ‘Boards’ and a selection of boards related to your search topic with appear with the option to Follow presented below each board. Click Follow and any updates to the chosen Board will be seen on your feed.
Final thoughts on follow someone on Pinterest
Following accounts or boards on Pinterest is the platforms most appealing feature. With the ability to follow certain accounts available on all versions of the visionary platform, its important we all know how it works!
By simply logging into your account you are welcomed into a world of mood boards, inspiration and connection. Searching for specific profiles or simply following ones you enjoy has never been easier. Either use the search bar or click on the username of the account to make sure its the right account and clock Follow!
Dont forget to comment on the posts, boards or pins you love to interact with the user. Or looking to share the creation with friends? Click the arrow icon at the bottom right of the pin or board and share in any way and with anyone you desire. Enjoy creating, following and sharing your favourite boards on Pinterest by following the easy-to-follow guides above!
Stephanie has been blogging at Sticky Note Mom for 4 years. Before starting her blog she worked in the finance industry working on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade to working for major financial institutions with personal financial planning and the mortgage industry. Now she shares all she has learned about frugal living to help others learn how to stop spending and start saving more.